The New Orleans Charter Science and Mathematics High School—known as Sci High—is a public school that welcomes any student interested in exploring the fields of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
The Foundation for Science and Mathematics Education raises the support necessary to make more opportunities available to every student at Sci High.
We believe our city will grow stronger when every New Orleanian can contribute to our wellbeing and innovation through the tools of math and science.
The Executive Director is the lead staff member for the Foundation for Science and Mathematics Education (FSME). Because the foundation’s mission is to raise financial support and bring in other resources for the Sci High, the Executive Director (ED) is primarily focused on fundraising strategies and strategic planning to build capacity and ensure sustainability.
The ED reports to the Board of Directors and works in daily partnership with school leadership. A personnel committee of the FSME board will provide regular performance reviews.
- Day-to-day operation of the organization, which includes managing committees, staff and contractors as well as developing business plans in collaboration with the board.
- Develop annual budget recommendations for submission to finance committee and board, and operate within that approved budget.
- Direct fundraising activities to support revenue goals and evaluate expansion opportunities.
- Partner with school staff to identify fundraising opportunities as well as to gather data for required donor reports.
- Oversee all aspects of print and digital communications—including owned, earned and paid.
- Effectively steward existing donors, partners and supporters.
- Oversee CRM database (DonorPerfect) to ensure information remains accurate, timely and useful.
- Provide timely, accurate information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions, including monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of FSME Board members.
- Maintain and create written plans, documentation and reports of goals, strategies and tactics for the mission and goals of the foundation, leveraging the DonorPerfect platform whenever possible.
The ED must be an enthusiastic and effective advocate for secondary STEM education in New Orleans. All candidates must have proven fundraising and management experience, preferably within a smaller organization where staff must juggle multiple roles.
Specific requirements include:
- Past active fundraising accomplishments in both corporate and foundation giving as well as individual giving.
- Experience working closely and successfully with a board of directors.
- Strong written, verbal and digital communication skills.
- Experience managing employees and contractors.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Familiarity with the New Orleans charter school and/or STEM landscape.
How to apply
Interested applicants, please send current CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through May 8, 2020.